Y’all do know the guy is Jewish, yes ?

An article at Israel National News by Professor Phyllis Chesler.

This week, Tom Friedman more than earned his keep at The New York Times by essentially calling for the “non-violent” destruction of the Jewish State.  I am not exaggerating.  Wait until you read exactly what he’s written in his column: “Lessons From Tahrir Square.”

First, Friedman calls for a Tahrir Square alternative in terms of the Israel-Palestine impasse.

Tahrir Square ?  Did the man sleep through journalist Lara Logan’s gang rape there ?  Does he view such a mob as “peaceful” or “non-violent ?”  Does he not understand that the young Egyptian Wael Gonim has, perhaps unintentionally, paved the way for the far more organized Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamists to assume power ?  Does Friedman actually believe that the Islamist factions at war with each other and with their overlords, chieftains, and dictators, are all engaged in “non-violent” social change ?

But wait, there’s more.

Israel Online Ambassadors has kicked off a Facebook campaign against New York Times columnist and close Barack Obama supporter Thomas Friedman, under the slogan – “Tom Friedman, Get Out of Our Lives!”

=== === === === ===

The following is from 14 February 2011……

NY Times Columnist Thomas Friedman blames Israel for Obama’s response on Egypt.

Columnist Friedman Slams Israel’s Stance On Egypt.

NY Times Columnist Thomas Friedman.

He said that during the crisis the Israeli approach was to attempt to convince the Obama Administration to support Hosni Mubarak against the protesters calling for his ouster as Egyptian president, and to say “Look at us! Look at us! We told you so! We are the only stable country in the region, because we are the only democracy.’’

Freidman slammed the government for, on the one hand, saying Israel is Washington’s only reliable ally because it is a democracy but contradicting this by saying “whatever you do don’t abandon Mubarak and open the way there for democracy.’’

The journalist said that Jerusalem’s concerns about the peace treaty with Egypt being upheld are valid and understandable but that their behavior concerning the upheaval in Egypt is not benefiting Israel.

Typically bitter and still clinging to The Jihadist At 1600™, eh Mr. Friedman ? That’s about as much as I dare to say, because anything else would be ‘a tad more intense’ and we here at I.S.U. attempt to be civil, toned down and alw……… You disingenuous hypocritical lying sack of leftist garbage ! How are you able to look at yourself in the mirror ? The time will come when the lot of y……… Good day sir !

— — — — —

10…… 9…… 8…… 7…………
Tool up…… It’s coming…… You know…… “It”.

17 Responses to NY Times Columnist Thomas Friedman calls for the ‘non-violent’ destruction of Israel.

1. Bruce O'H. says:

I just can not understand the secular Jews and their hate for the Jewish homeland. I know Socialism is their religion and all, but, still…
    AND, in trying to bring Leftists in my circles over to the side of Israel, they point to Friedman and say, “this is what a JEW thinks” !!
    They are traitors that will stand before G-d with blood dripping off of their hands.

• kennysolomon says:

Bruce, I don’t try to understand ’em – and I’m Jewish.

I sometimes put it this way to people…… If you voted for Obama and are now sorry, I will never accept your apology, I will never forgive you and when the SHTF, you’re on your own.

Not very Christian, Jewish or even new-tone-and-civil of me, but I sailed far past ‘that point’ long ago.

KLS

2. taxmaiden says:

I’m not Jewish, but even I would say to Friedman, WTF???!!! I totally support the position of the Jewish state and PM Netanyahu, as do many Americans. And there are more of us in USA who, whether Jewish or not, hear his speeches and say, “That’s what a leader should look and sound like!” He doesn’t need teleprompters; he speaks from his heart and passion for his country and his people. I just wish we had such a leader.

• kennysolomon says:

Thanks TaxMaiden . Much appreciated and welcomed, because I can’t be that nice anymore to the enemies of freedom and life itself.

As for the not-so-esteemed Mr. Friedman: There’s a special place……

3. Kim Wang says:

The right wing in Israel is NOT the Israeli people. And the right wing in the U.S is not the American people. Besides, the whole world now knows the story….and Israeli crimes will not hide forever…. the balance of power has already shifted in the Middle East and gradually in the whole world…Israel needs to get its act together and follow the voice of reason and start evolving…otherwise, nothing but more alienation from the international community. I believe the arrogant and short-sighted policies of the current Israeli right wing administration will render Israel more isolated and even becoming a High-Maintenance ally in the area for Europe and even the U.S. in contrast to oil and gas rich Arab nations who are adopting and home-grown democracy..not imported democracy as Bibi claimed in Congress lately. I think the Israelis have a wonderful opportunity to be an active part and partner in a peaceful middle east to come. On the long run, the real enemies of Israel are people who inadvertently seeking its alienation from the international community.

• kennysolomon says:

Kim, thank you for stopping by and commenting.

I mean that sincerely as we won’t delete commentary we don’t agree with (as long as there’s no threats, etc.)

That being said, I must offer a rebuttal and I’ll be quite blunt about doing so.

Unless you’re a practicing Muslim, of the same mind aa the genocidal maniacs who have taken over and are taking over every single Muslim nation on the planet, you’re as good as gone as are all Jews on the planet and Israel herself.

Please understand that it is in The Quran, Sira and Hadith for all Muslims to eliminate all Jews and as for other non-believers (infidels is the term), there are three choices: Convert, submit or die.

That’s it – no moderate, no ‘reformed’, nothing – Just Islam.

I truly wish that becomes apparent to you and those of your mindset long before it’s too late to avoid a mass-casualty shooting war that nobody and I mean NOBODY of my mindset and beliefs wants to ever see.

We want to be left alone – to live and worship as we believe, without every hurting anyone. The so-called ‘peace lovers’ are not of that thought process.

The ball is in their court, not ours and when/if they start “it”, they’re going to have ‘problems’ at minimum.

KLS

4. Kim Wang says:

I would not invoke religion in a political debate. Especially that the Abrahamic religions share a great deal of great teachings aimed at peace and very violent directions at war…either this is a contradiction or that there are conditions for peace or war remains a religious debate.

What should govern the issue of Israel/Palestine..statehood must be strictly approached politically.

Religion messes up politics and politics screws up religion.

I believe Israel has areal issue with identity caused by the Israeli people genuine demand for a real democracy and the long-sought desire for a Jewish identity. And you can have have both …but only if you live in a complete separation of anybody or anything that is not Jewish. And this is not the case.

In our time and day, the state of Israel is involved in a very busy, well connected world…it’s has its friends and it has its foes. ..

Bibi referred to the land of Israel as Judea and Samar…using biblical names…in a political context….these two don’t mix…because internationally, there are powers that simply do not believe in the Bible.

You see what I mean?

Kim

• bobmontgomery says:

The Bible and the United States of America, a polity, have mixed more than quite well for 235 years. Israel doesn’t have an issue with identity, you do.

• Kim Wang says:

Bob,

This does not answer the question? Is Israel a religious state or a democracy?…. or lemme know what you think…( I do not respond to offensive language..I prefer content..and I expect the same from others)

Kim

• kennysolomon says:

Hi Kim.

Yes, I understand exactly your thoughts and opinions.

I must however, stay with my long-held and extensively researched take on things vis-a-vis Islam. I truly hope you don’t take this as my ‘talking down’ to you (and the same goes for all reading here).

Islam is not simply a religion ; Islam is not simply a societal mandate from within a religion ; Islam is more than simply a political system within it’s society and the religion.

It’s all of it combined with every aspect of life within itself covered by the books and all of it’s followers held to live ‘by the book’…… or else. The scary part is the ‘or else’…… and it’s all spelled out in the books (Quran, Sira and Hadith) for what the ‘or else’ will be for each and every infraction, from the most minimal, up to and including capital offenses.

That’s theocratic rule – A system of government orders it’s subjects that their God directs them to kill and/or subjugate non-followers – and said governmental subjects are held to do so at the point of a gun, sword or other severe penalties for even the most minimal non-compliance.

Hence the reason for almost no members of the Islamic faith standing up and shouting from the rooftops that “No, not in the name of God do you do such evil !”

The few who have tried have been simply executed for being apostate…… akin to that are the ‘honor killings’ of many young Muslim women who, in the eyes of their fathers, brothers and even Imams have become ‘too westernized’ – even if just slightly.

I could go on for paragraph after paragraph citing examples and quotes from Quran, Sira and Hadith, but it would be much more of an awakening if people – individuals and in small groups – started delving into the books themselves – the true aims of this theocratic system known as Islam will jump out at you like the proverbial sixteen-ton anvil falling from the sky.

If it matters, my ‘little awakening’ to the abject evil that is the theocratic system of Islam began on September 5th 1972 when I was 13 years old – the massacre of the Israeli Olympic Team in Munich Germany. The very next day, I was at my local library researching everything I could get my hands on, so I could learn who what and why human beings could do something like that to others, simply because of religion.

I was stunned at what I found out about Islam and it was all out in the open.

As for Israel being a ‘religious state’, I don’t think they are – but the government there is trying to, or has just instituted some sort of loyalty thing that goes a bit further than a free state would or should. Israel is an actual democracy for a system of government – as close to simple majority rule as can be attained without bullets flying on a daily basis within the governmental chambers.

In America, we pledge allegiance to the flag – a symbol of freedom, not ‘the state’. Our system of government (is supposed to be) a representative republic, as opposed to a democracy, bordering on ‘mob rule’ and uprisings.

==============

Quick edit – Apologies for not replying earlier. I had to go out and help a friend and just got back to my laptop. I’d have responded via my BlackBerry, but teh spellenk errahz wood haff beeen massive.

😉

• Kim Wang says:

…”There are several links I can provide if you’d like to see the actual words of their books with direct literal translations and meanings.”

That would be great !! Thanx

• kennysolomon says:

Kim, the following links are to a website called “Jihad Watch”.

Like us here at I.S.U., Robert Spencer and the folks at Jihad Watch are vehemently opposed to Islam as political system taking over everything and anything it touches or wants to touch.

We don’t want to hurt anyone in the process, but simply desire to be left alone to pursue life liberty and happiness…… the complete antithesis of Islam.

Mr. Spencer and his friends have painstakingly translated and put out in plain English, the words of Quran, Sira and Hadith.

Here are some links which have many additional links within.

You’ll see – easy to follow.

1. http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101.html

2. http://www.jihadwatch.org/quran-commentary.html

And then there’s The CSPI.

The Center For The Study Of Political Islam – http://www.politicalislam.com and http://www.cspipublishing.com

Yes, this last organization is trying to sell books and other items, but their research and documentation are completely beyond reproach and every single thing they offer is 100% factual.

No, I don’t work for them, nor profit in any way – I’ve not even contacted them in quite a long time either and I see they have a few new publications I need to purchase.

Hope these links help you understand even a little bit what the free world is facing.

KLS

5. Kim Wang says:

“Our system of government (is supposed to be) a representative republic, as opposed to a democracy”

Are you saying that the US is NOT a democracy ? And how? plz explain

• kennysolomon says:

The United States has never been a democracy.

A representative republic is what we are.

The differences are subtle and stark.

The US Constitution is four large parchment pages long – that’s it – four pages of what the American government cannot do to it’s citizens and each sentence speaks volumes.

Along with that is The Bill Of Rights – Amendments to The Constitution spelling out in more specifics, the rights of the people and states to live free.

The best examples are The First and Second Amendments.

Most people know those as (1st) the right to free speech and freedom of the press, plus (2nd) “……right of the people to keep and bear arms, which shall not be infringed”.

That’s some pretty heavy stuff which an actual democracy won’t tolerate, because the mob-mentality of “we’re right, so the rest of you shut up” takes hold and the government body itself, plus the society always seems to be on the edge of breakdown.

The US Constitution – http://archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html

The Bill Of Rights – http://archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights.html

6. Kim Wang says:

Honor killings are disgusting..they happen a lot in Pakistan in the tribal areas where the rule of the state is almost non-existent and things are run the Taliban style. It seems that fanaticism is partially caused by feeble governance and ignorance.

7. Kim Wang says: